INTERNATIONAL SHORT COURSE PROGRAM 2023
The Faculty of Adab and Humanities, Universitas Islam Negeri Sunan Ampel Surabaya (UINSA) holds this program. It is designed to be 36 hours of learning equivalency. It consists of 3 types of learning sessions: in-class instruction, academic writing, and learning assistance. It will enrich the participants with the knowledge, insights, intellectual skills, networks, and recognition through certificates and publications. The program invites experts and researchers on the topics as speakers or guest lecturers to enhance the learning objectives. The topic of ISEPRO 2023 is “Islamic Cultural Tourism in East Java: Emerging Trends, Challenges and Opportunities”.
1. Learning the heritage of Islamic cultures in East Java, Indonesia, and their emerging trends, challenges and opportunities.
2. Learning critical-thinking and problem-solving skills related to the sustainable development of Islamic cultures in East Java, Indonesia.
1. In-Class Instruction
Topics of Presentation and Discussion:
a. Characteristics of Islamic Cultures in East Java
It discusses on several aspects: (1) Related contexts: historical, sociological and religious settings; (2) Cultural structures: areas, types, and characteristics; and (3) Functions of cultures.
b. Conservational Issues of Islamic Cultures in East Java
It discusses on several aspects: (1) The need of cultural conservation; (2) Challenges of cultural conservation; and (3) Digital opportunities for cultural conservation.
c. Sustainable Development of Islamic Cultures in East Java
It discusses on several aspects: (1) Conceptions of sustainable cultural development; (2) Policies of sustainable cultural development; and (3) Challenges and opportunities for Islamic cultural tourism in East Java
d. Emerging Trends of Islamic Cultures in East Java
It discusses on several aspects: (1) Identifying the emerging trends of Islamic cultures in East Java; and (2) Navigating the emerging trends of Islamic cultures in East Java.
2. Academic Writing
All participants of the program must write an article draft on related aspects of the topic. The article has to follow the academic standard even if the writing is popular in style. The article is 500 up to 750 words in length. The article could be written in Bahasa Indonesia, Malay, or English. An article is authored individually or max. by 2 (two) authors.
3. Learning Assistance
The participants of the program have learning assistance for consulting and developing their writing drafts. Selected writings will be published in e-book chapter with ISBN.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The program is virtually held in Bahasa Indonesia, Malay, or English.
The Zoom link for learning assistance meet up:
Meeting ID : 975 5296 7407
Passcode : fahum1
The Zoom link for in-class instruction:
Meeting ID : 941 4523 8040
Passcode : fahum2
- Knowledge and insights from experts and professional researchers.
- Networks for future collaboration and opportunities.
- Certificate of participation (36 hours of learning equivalency).
- Co-authored publication (e-book with ISBN).
1. Dr. Johny Alfian Khusyairi, M.Si., M.A. (Lecturer at the Department of History Science, Airlangga University).
2. Dr. Lukman, M.Pd. (Chairperson of Nganjuk Arts Council; Professional Puppeteer).
3. Dr. Syamsu Madyan, Lc., M.A. (Lecturer at the Postgraduate Program of the University of Islam Malang).
4. Muhammad Yanuar Bramuda, MBA., M.M. (Head of Banyuwangi Culture and Tourism Service).
5. Dr. Muhammad Khodafi, M.Si. (Lecturer at the Faculty of Adab and Humanities, UIN Sunan Ampel Surabaya).
University or college students are invited to participate in this program. They must fulfill the requirements of participation including:
- Write a statement on related aspects of the topic in 500-750 words in length. They may cover but are not limited to:
- Concepts of Islamic culture in general
- Historical aspects of Islamic culture
- Sociological aspects of Islamic culture
- Religious aspects of Islamic culture
- Conservational aspects of Islamic culture
- Sustainable development of Islamic culture
- Various expressions of Islamic culture
- Roles and functions of Islamic culture
- Digital Islamic culture
- Islamic cultural tourism
- Emerging trends of Islamic culture
2. Register by submitting the article draft through the following link: https://forms.gle/g77P6pNmrccSWZob7.
SCHEDULE OF LEARNING
June 12 up to July 7, 2023
REGISTRATION for participation (submitting the draft of the article)
July 8, 2023
Selected participants ANNOUNCEMENT
July 13, 2023 (08.30-11.30)
Zoom Meeting ID: 975 5296 7407
Dr. Taufiqurrahman, M.A.
Jiphie Gilia Indriyani, M.A.
Dwi Susanto, M.Hum.
Sufi Ikrima Sa’adah, M.Hum.
July 20, 2023
Zoom Meeting ID: 941 4523 8040
ORIENTATION SESSION (08.00-08.30)
Speaker: Dr. Muhammad Khodafi, M.Si.
Moderator: Dr. Nyong ETIS, M.Fil.I.
FIRST SESSION (08.30-11.30)
Characteristics of Islamic Cultures in East Java
Speaker: Dr. Johny Alfian Khusyairi, M.Si., M.A.
Conservational Issues of Islamic Cultures in East Java
Speaker: Dr. Lukman, M.Pd.
I’in Nur Zulaili, M.A.
SECOND SESSION (12.30-15.30)
Sustainable Development of Islamic Cultures in East Java
Speaker: M. Y. Bramuda, MBA., M.M.
Emerging Trends of Islamic Cultures in East Java
Speaker: Dr. Syamsu Madyan, Lc., M.A.
Rizki Endi Septiyani, M.A.
Tristy Kartika Fi’aunillah, M.A.
July 21, 2023
Speaker: Dr. Phil. Kamal Yusuf, M.A.
Moderator: Dr. Imam Ibnu Hajar, M.Ag.
CONTACT AND ADDRESS
Jl. Dr. Ir. H. Soekarno No. 682 Surabaya 60294
Telp. Telp. 031-8410298 Fax. 031-8413300
Contact person: Dr. Nyong ETIS, M.Fil.I., at +62 896 8991 8007.